Let’s face it, while many of us overcome our packed agendas, we often let things go undone. This includes neglecting our inbox which often leads to feeling buried under dozens of unread and unsorted e-mails.
At EGCR, we have created a list of tips to help you improve the way you manage your inbox:
- Reduce e-mail folders and sub folders: If the number is too high, decreasing your options will speed up your daily e-mail sorting process. This will also allow you to search for a topic in one folder rather than multiple locations later on when you need more backup.
- Get your news from an RSS Reader: Setting up a RSS Reader will allow you to view all headlines from your favorite news outlets and blogs in a glance without having to pollute your inbox even further.
- Automate your e-mail follow ups: CC yourself when sending e-mails, then sort them into a “need to reply” folder.
- Unsubscribe to newsletters and blogs you do not read: Don’t waste precious inbox space with e-mails you automatically delete or ignore.
- Clean up your inbox on a week basis: Archive e-mails that have been resolved or concluded. Also, delete all e-mails you will not need for reference.
By organizing your inbox, it will not only sort out what is important and what is not, but it will make your life feel less cluttered.