On a daily basis, many individuals deal with crazy schedules and heavy workloads that are stressful. Thus, it is crucial to address stress correctly. Here at EGCR, we have gathered some pointers to help maintain that stress you are currently experiencing.
A healthy and productive way to manage stress is doing some stretching exercises right at your desk! These routines will help control the stress your body and mind is constantly dealing with. Here are five stretching exercises you can do at your work space:
- Stand and Sit
- Stand up.
- Sit down without using your hands.
- Repeat at least three times.
- Shrug Your Shoulders
- Inhale deeply and shrug your shoulders.
- Lift your shoulders up to your ears.
- Hold and release.
- Do it at least three times.
- Loosen Your Hands and Arms
- Clench both fists, stretch both arms and hands in front of you.
- Move your arms in reverse circles.
- Then shake your hands.
- Repeat at least five times.
- Stretching Out Your Back
- Hug your body, placing your right hand on your left shoulder and placing your left hand on your right shoulder.
- Breathe in and out.
- Do this at least five times.
- Leg Extensions
- Grab the bottom of your seat.
- Extend your legs straight out in front in order for them to be parallel to the ground.
- Flex your toes five times.
- Release and repeat at least three times.
Doing these stretching exercises a few times a week will not only help you manage your stress, but they are quick to do if you are short on time!